February 8, 2010

A Letter from Mary

~


Hi Mrs. Tebow,

I saw your tv commercial and I hope you can help me. My name is Mary and I'm 14. My step father raped me again last week. I think I'm pregnant. The first time he did it he choked me when I tried to stop him. When he gets drunk I know he'll be in my room that night, smelling like beer and chewing tobacco. All I want to do is die. I need help. You seem like a nice person and you said you loved your baby. Your son sure is proud of you. I'll never be anything and I don't want to be pregnant. What should I do?

People say your commercial was about choosing to have your baby. You and your husband must have been scared about having a baby. What did you do? Did you have a lot of doctors to help you? There is only one doctor in town so I can't go to him.

I feel sick 'cause I don't want a baby, especially my step dad's. He says he likes me and that's why he does it, but it is wrong and he won't stop. He said he would kill me and my sister if I told anyone. I haven't had my period for 2 times now. My mom is too drunk to care. Can you help me?

I can't have a baby, not now. Not ever. Can your Family Focus council help me get an abortion? When my mom finds out she'll think it was my boyfriend that got me pregnant. She'll never believe me. I'll be in big trouble and probably get beat up by her and my step dad. Maybe that will make me lose the baby. Maybe he will kill me and then it will be over.

I wish I could leave and never come back but I have to protect my little sister. The game will be over soon and my step dad will be knocking on my door. Please help me Mrs. Tebow. You seem like a nice person.

Mary


Blogger's Note: Mary is a fictional girl from the Central Valley of California.

No comments:

Post a Comment